High flow and temperature rate tempering valve for blending hot and cold water to limit overall hot water temperature (domestic use)
Reliance Valves Heatguard Tempering Valve connects to hot water supplies in residential and multi-occupancy buildings to ensure safe water temperature at tap level. The valve ensures that water reaching the outlet does not exceed 55°C, which is the minimum recommended circulating temperature.
The tempering valve mixes hot and cold water to deliver a constant temperature throughout the entire house, building or system, and is typically installed in conjunction with electric water heaters within hot water systems. The valve does not remove the need for further point of use mixing valves at outlets, as it blends at higher outlet temperatures than a standard thermostatic mixing valve.
Features and benefits
- Provides a stable mixed outlet temperature
- Pre-set and locked at 55°C (adjustable between 35-70°C)
- Easy to install direct compression connections
- Tamperproof cap
- Suitable for installation to hot water outlet pipework from a cylinder
- Compatible with copper pipe only